Gemini Firmware Updates
Released January 7, 2021
Download files are separate for each product, please ensure you download the correct files.
IMPORTANT: This process must be completed using a USB drive that is formatted to FAT.
HINT: For instructions on formatting a USB drive to FAT on a MAC click here.
- Download the .zip file to your PC or MAC.
- Unzip the file and locate the .hex file inside the unzipped folder.
- Insert a USB drive into your computer and format as FAT or FAT16
- Copy the .hex file onto the freshly formatted USB drive
- Eject the USB drive from your computer
- Power on the Gemini, then insert the USB drive
- Push the “Menu” button, select “System” then select “USB” then select “Firmware update”
- Follow the screen prompts to complete the update
The LED indicator light next to the power switch will momentarily turn yellow, then alternate between red and green, then the Gemini will power up.
The update should take less than a minute.
If firmware does not update (indicator light does not alternate red and green), the following may help:
- Use a freshly formatted (MS-DOS FAT) USB drive.
- Format the drive with a PC or by using the Disk Utility application on a Mac.
- Do not plug a newly FAT formatted USB drive back into a MAC before installing the update on a Gemini.
- Download the firmware hex file to the USB drive and have only that file on the drive.