Gemini Series RGBWW LED Panel Firmware
C5 (Gemini 2x1 Soft) & B2 (Gemini 1x1 Soft) or newer
Released January 7, 2021
- DMX Fast Select – Quickly choose and operate popular DMX modes right from the main menu
- Bluetooth - Extended CCT range control from 2700°K to 10000°K (iOS app update required)
- WDMX - Hold mode and fan control added to CCT & HSI as well as CCT & RGBW modes
- DMX - Fan control for CCT & HSI as well as CCT & RGBW modes
- RDM – Personalities reprioritized for more frequently used settings
- Apollo Mode – automatically configures Gemini to be quickly paired and controlled via Apollo WDMX bridge (more details to follow soon)
IMPORTANT: This process must be completed using a USB drive that is formatted to FAT.
HINT: For instructions on formatting a USB drive to FAT on a MAC click here.
- Download the .zip file to your PC or MAC.
- Unzip the file and locate the .hex file inside the unzipped folder.
- Insert a USB drive into your computer and format as FAT or FAT16
- Copy the .hex file onto the freshly formatted USB drive
- Eject the USB drive from your computer
- Power on the Gemini, then insert the USB drive
- Push the “Menu” button, select “System” then select “USB” then select “Firmware update”
- Follow the screen prompts to complete the update
The LED indicator light next to the power switch will momentarily turn yellow, then alternate between red and green, then the Gemini will power up.
The update should take less than a minute.
If firmware does not update (indicator light does not alternate red and green), the following may help:
- Use a freshly formatted (MS-DOS FAT) USB drive.
- Format the drive with a PC or by using the Disk Utility application on a Mac.
- Do not plug a newly FAT formatted USB drive back into a MAC before installing the update on a Gemini.
- Download the firmware hex file to the USB drive and have only that file on the drive.